Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day 2011
Save the date – Tuesday, May 3, 2011!
All across the United States during the month of May, and especially on Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day, children and youth with serious mental health challenges and their families will celebrate positive youth development, resilience, recovery and the transformation of mental health service delivery.
Stay tuned for more on Maine’s special day of celebration and related conferences and activities in May.
Calls To Action
- Integrate mental health and model resilience skills in every environment that has an impact on child development from birth.
- Enhance resilience and nurture social and emotional skills in young children from birth.
- Provide information to the public and teach them to recognize the signs of traumatic stress.
- Raise awareness that treatment for trauma is critical to achieving the milestones of a child’s social and emotional development from birth.
- Promote trauma-informed services and supports in all child-serving settings.